Optimizing Your Storeroom Inventory
Partnering with BDI to optimize your Storeroom Inventory normally leads to substantial cost savings and operational efficiencies. Your local BDI sales representative is trained at product identification and OEM conversion. This skill set enables them to identify products that we can supply that you may be ordering from the OEM of the equipment at higher than standard prices or from an unauthorized distributor resulting in inflated pricing and limited support.
The process is fairly simple with the following steps.
1. You will need to produce an activity report or on hand report that shows the annual usage, the current supplier and the part number and long description if available. Please do not include any pricing on this report. An electronic file in Excel or a tab delimited file works best.
2. Depending on the size of the storeroom and the number of items in the file, the actual survey portion may be done over several days.
3. BDI will review the report and compare to what is actually in the storeroom
a. OEM Conversion (Finding standard aftermarket parts that are being ordered from OEM)
b. Standardization opportunities
c. Obsolete, expired and scrap disposition
4. BDI will update the file with the BDI part number as a direct interchange to the brand and quality being used and the current price.
5. You can then compare your current prices to the BDI prices and multiply by the annual usage to calculate upfront cost savings.
6. BDI will also look at high usage items to improve product life and reduce maintenance costs.
Contact your local BDI sales person to schedule a meeting to review your Storeroom optimization opportunity. For your nearest BDI branch, click here.